This course allows you to:
- Live in Melbourne, Australia for one year on a Student VISA, studying a Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games (ICT50215).
- Train in exclusive Lightmare Masterclasses with industry veterans who have over a decade of commercial game development experience.
- Be personally introduced to Australian game development studios and industry events, to expand your network of industry connections.
- Collaborate with our development team and contribute to the design & production of Lightmare's upcoming commercial titles.
- Enjoy the benefits of both a Gap Year whilst studying a course that is the perfect Bridge between you and local Universities highly competitive class intakes.
Applications for the next GDH Course in Melbourne, Australia close in:
There are five aspects you need to integrate to become a GDH. These are:
Register - Rebase - Rockstar - Rally - Recognition
By Registering with experts, then Rebasing to a thriving city, Rockstar-ing masterclasses, Rallying with like-minded friends and finally gaining Recognition in commercial games, you will be powerfully set up to access further study, get hired for an entry-level position in an existing game studio, or even set out to start your own.
We'll cover how the GDH Course is purposefully designed to do this in detail below, but first, what makes Lightmare your best choice for a significant start into the Game Development Industry?
partnerships & association
The GDH Course is purpose-built to support and build upon Holmesglen's Diploma. Holmesglen is the largest provider of training and further education in Victoria, Australia.
Lightmare is also working closesly with with other prestigous organisations such as Box Hill Institute of TAFE, The Gordon Institute of TAFE and Swinburne University.
Experience & Talent
For over seven years, Lightmare has trained 2000+ students, with many gaining skills well beyond their accreditation and some contributing to our commercial games.
results & awards
Infinity Wars, our flagship title, is a cult hit with millions in sales and nearly a million players in over 50 countries. It has been awarded "Best In Play" at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco.
Our courses have won regionally and gained Silver at the International Learning Impact Awards.